What is Random Tape?
- having no specific pattern, purpose, or objective: random movements. See Synonyms at
- of or relating to an event in which all outcomes are equally likely, as in the testing of a blood sample for the presence of a substance.
- chosen without regard to any characteristics of the individual members of the population so that each has an equal chance of being selected random sampling
- informal (of a person) unknown some random guy waiting for a bus
- made, done, happening, or chosen without method or conscious
- [often with adj. ] long narrow flexible material with magnetic properties, used for recording sound, pictures, or computer data.
- a cassette or reel containing such material.
- a recording on such a cassette or reel
- a strip of material stretched across the finish line of a race, to be broken by the winner.
- record (sound or pictures) on audio or videotape : it is not known who taped the conversation.
As a freelance radio producer I often have these little recorded moments that don’t make it into my stories. You will find some of those here.
Occasionally I record strange sounds. You will find some of those here too.
I also collect voice messages which I post sometimes.
Once in a while I will post a song.
I like to record
poetry and you
will find some
of that here
I try to keep the posts to under a minute but there are no hard and fast rules here at the towering high rise that is home to the many offices of Random Tape.